Re: 4-125A, vacuum tube do's and donts

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

So there the tube will not draw more curren than it can take?

BTW- Got a MOT today!!!! 2020volts and the microwave states that it draws
1550W
This is a small uwave though.I dont think the MOT draws more than 1500W.The
uwave has some heating elements in it which probably draw a good amout of
current.I need to find there resistance so I know.This is a rather large(I
guess) MOT.Its filament winding is only 3.18volts :-((((((((( I need
5volts.Alo it has a capacitor and I think the diode is built in and a
resistor of 10Mohms in it as well.Double darn!I want them seperate.Oh
well.Any way to boost filament voltage?Voltage doubler and someohow regulate
the output to 5volts?

The core of the MOT is 3-3/4in lenght by 2-1/4in by 3-1/8in deep.any idea how
much current this could do?

Question-I can see the HV wire but where is the HV return?There are 2 input
for primary, 1 HV output and 2 filament leads.Is the core the return?

Thanks all,
Matt