Re: Toroid Recommendations?

Original poster: "Mark W. Stolz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mark_w_stolz-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Shad,

Thanks for the input.  So you're thinking towards an 8-9" minor diameter?
Now that I've heard 4,6, and 8-9" I'm getting confused again.  Probably just
a case of analysis paralysis. :-)

I don't have a SRSG yet, I'm using a static at present.  I have a total of
40nF -at- 30kVDC worth of Geek caps available so LTR isn't a problem and I'm
set when I do find more power.

I burned up my 2.5" coil that which was where the 4 x 15.5" toroid came
from.  It was throwing about 39" streamers.  Of  course I was pushing almost
4kVA through the poor little guy at the time. :-p

For those that are interested, here are links to the 2.5"  that cooked and
the new 9" secondary.
http://users2.ev1-dot-net/~nmyreality/tesla/J010910/index.html
http://users2.ev1-dot-net/~nmyreality/tesla/other/9inch.html

Mark Stolz