Re: condensors

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Alex Madsen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<alexmadsen-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> I believe that condenser is a very old and antiquated name for a capacitor
> that is not used much (at lest in the USA).
> Alex Madsen

	Correct.  However, in reading some of the posts here I find:

	condensers
	condensors
	capacitators

etc.  The use of the word capacitor arrived on the scene shortly after I
went to college back in the middle 1940's, but nothing wrong with it or,
for that matter, condenser.  Our language and names for things evolve
all the time.  For instance, during that same period the phrases "you
know" and "ya know" hadn't been invented, or at least weren't used in
every sentence as they seem to be now.

Ed