bangs per second with rotary

Original poster: "colin.heath4 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <colin.heath4-at-ntlworld-dot-com>

hi all
        im running my coil at the moment with a 400bps sync rotary gap and
tried running it at 200bps with my mot power supply with no joy i tried getting
the gap to phase correctly for ages with no joy yet at 400bps i have it right
no problem
could this be because im using a level shifter and the supply is half wave
rectified dc so its now running instead of 50hz its 100hz
could this make the system very hard to tune my gaps running 3600rpm with 8
electrodes and two posts with the flying electrodes all linked htis gives me a
presentation approx every 5ms
many thanks
colin heath (stiil a lot to learn)