RE: Piezo HV Power Supply

Original poster: "Pete Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

Dave,

Oops, you are right, I inverted one.  My apologies to list members for the
incorrect information.  I should have looked it up and I have since done so.

As you stated, the correct formula for capacitance is:

1 Farad = 1 Coulomb / 1 Volt.

Your formula for energy is incorrect.  The energy in a cap is:

Joules = farads times volts squared divided by two.

Pete Komen

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Pete,

I don't know which system of units you are using, but volt/coul does not
equal farads in any of the four systems I use.  Coul/volts equals farads.
Also, another expression of energy is:

joule = 2*coul^2/farad

Your formula for energy is wrong in that it should be:

joule = farad * volt^2

There is no division by two in the equation with volt^2.

Dave
<snip>