Re: vac pumps

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

>Hello All,
>I have access to several "sterling SIHI" VACUUM PUMPS. fROM WHAT I
>GATHER, THEY USE A FLUID PUMPED THROUGH THE SYSTEM IN ORDER TO CREATE
>THE VACUUM?
> Product statements for the model lema 40 is 25 torr.
>Is any coilers familier with this type of unit? should i keep two for a
>"great" vacuum sytem?
>Thank you,
>Marc M.

Hi Marc...

25 torr is pretty low as far as a diecent vacuum goes...
the systems sound like they might be the rotory vane type

there is the oil diffusion type but they can go as low as "milli torr"

I'll bet if you put one on Ebay it will sell for nearly 100$

I'd keep at least 2 for myself if I had several in my posession ;)

Scot D