Re: hand crank coil for demos

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/9/02 9:24:53 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> turning
>  as fast as we could, and we got the thing up to 500 VDC. That's I know
about

>  them.
I think you were using one of the large hand-cranked field generators. The
hand magnetos for the EE-8 field telephone turn an armature between magnetic
poles.
It's kinda hard to see how you would get DC. They will put out close to 80-90
Volts
if you crank fast. The frequency is low enuff to be very painful.

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman