moderator note

Hi All,

Last weekend something very "odd" was going on with my ISP Qwest.  Caused
very late posts and other tribulations.  It all seems "over" now and things
are working again normally with the list.  Chip and I have no idea what
they were up to...  I don't think any posts were lost but just very
delayed.  Posts usually show up within an hour after I "approve" them.  I
try to "catch" the list a few times a day.  It "can" take up to 24 hours
for a post to go out if I am really lazy ;-))  If there are ISP or server
problems - God help you!! :o))

A reminder to "snip" or delete older parts of posts that are not needed to
conserve bandwidth.  With 850+ members on the list, every letter gets sent
850 times, so if extra "stuff" is not needed, best to cut it out.  We send
about 40,000 E-mails out every day so keeping on the ISP's good side is a
big deal!!  Short sweet "to the point" posts also get read more...

Sending SPAM to the tesla list is a "bad" thing!!  A way to get permanently
unsubscribe real fast ;-))  - nuff said to the remaining 849 members...

All posts to the list should be sent to:

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

A few folks send things to twftesla-at-uswest-dot-com but those get hung up in the
filters so I am pushing them out.  If you have problems sending stuff to
the list let me know.  I "think" the AOL problems are fixed...  Letters to
"me" should be sent to:

terrellf-at-qwest-dot-net

rather to the Tesla list control account.  It keeps things simple for my
brain %:-))

I changed some settings on hot-streamer-dot-com that may help those odd times
when it is hard getting through.  It is getting lots of hits these days and
gets clogged now and then...

I have actually seen how the "big boys" dry transformer oil in my power
distribution job days.  A commercial outfit with two semi trucks of "stuff"
and the "team"...  Boiling, vacuuming, cooling large volumes of oil for
transformers the size of a house...  Far beyond what "we" could do...  I
guess that thread is going away naturally anyway so I'll save the meat axe ;-))

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

	Terry
	terrellf-at-qwest-dot-net