Re: very confused coil results

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/9/02 11:46:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> The ground is center tap, this is mains ground. The ground with the bulb on
> it is another ground where I banged a 3 foot rod in the garden for a
> secondary earth.  I know now current can flow via ground but thats just the
> return of the current. There is simply nothing near any HT wires, its all
> mounted way above the bulb ground wire.  Im beginning to wonder if theres
> another problem relating to earths somewhere else.  As it stands no spark
> gap fire no voltage anywhere, no bulb light.... but it does... I will have
> to put it down to some form of ground problem, though the end of the bulb is
> conencted to the secondary which is no where near anything at all.... very
> strange, one for the X-files I think :-\
>
> chris

Someone already mentioned the possibility of 60 hz currents being developed in
the secondary from the energized primary, even with the spark gap not firing.
This sounds plausible to me.

Ed Sonderman