Re: Gets all "wimpy" seeks help still

Tesla list wrote:

><jim-at-jlproduction-dot-com>

> Oddly enough it IS inside the coil form.

	This was much discussed on the list in the past.

> A few inches on either end anyway.

	My understanding (and expectation) would be to
	work on the top.  That's the 'HV' end, hence
	corona, hence losses and leakage.

> I wonder if a vent of some sort would help this

	It might.  I've pondered the desirability of a
	small fan (at the grounded end) blowing up
	end out, thru holes.  I suspect it might be
	better to rebuild with the connection outside.

	(At the typical secondary voltages, the commonly
	used wire is surrounded by huge corona, if
	invisible.  I've wondered if a top terminal mounted
	by a pipe, as large as possible, would be an
	improvement.  When the pros move A Mega Volt or
	so, its done on bundled conductors, 6-8" or
	better...  I Once saw a Serious RADAR telescope
	PSU (we are talking a One Room Size PSU, and a big room:
	HV bus was conduit.  not IN conduit: it WAS conduit:
	to minimize corona losses...))

> (if it is indeed my issue).

	Indeed, it might not be...