Re: Coil ratio; width versus length.

In a message dated 4/9/02 3:55:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Hi Bart,

Yes, the high bps coil may have greater gap losses.  The
concept of using many series electrodes, to force better quenching,
may be a good idea, although I haven't seen any advantage when
I tried it in a rotary gap.  My designs may primarily help
performance by reducing losses, although there may be other
factors at work also.

Cheers,
John