RE: very confused coil results

Original poster: "Kevin by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kweaver-at-vvm-dot-com>

Hi Ed...all
I think Chris is making reference to the Fantastic Inventions of Nikola
Tesla on page 60 from the lecture on experiments with alternating currents
of high potential and frequency "With the kind of discharger I have been
able to maintain an oscillating motion without any spark being visible"

But I guess my main question is could this be some kind of capacitive
coupling across the spark gap letting a small amount of power pass? If it is
then do we need the gap at all?