Re: winding turns on 6" secondary

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/3/02 10:19:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> hi all
>         im about to start my secondary and was wondering how many turns of
> wire
> i should be aiming for im going for a winding length of 30"

Hello, for my 6" coil, I used #20 wire. I would have perferred something
smaller, but it worked out ok. I wound a tiny bit more than 30", and got about
930 turns.

What guage wire do you have? I would suggeest #22-26, although others say more
turns of smaller wire is better...

Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon