Drying tranny oil

Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi all,
  I recently acquired 110 gallons of transformer oil.. Unfortunately, when
I got it I had to put it into a 55 gal drum that had some water in it
(Bad.. I know.. but it was drain it or loose the free oil) Is there any way
to dry the oil (get the water out)? I was wondering if you could maybe put
the drum under a vacuum.. Also, the oil had alot of crud (corrosion from
the tanks it was in).. can this be easily filtered out? I don't want to use
the oil and then have problems with conductive stuff floating around
inside.. ;)

Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen