MMC Design Question

Original poster: "G by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

Hello List,

I just gave Terry's Excel MMC Calc a try for the first time
(http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com). I am concerned about the life
expectancy it gave the MMC I would like to build. It seems that the
sheet's "best price for fully safe design" indicator doesn't take
life hours into account. The arrays returned using my specs had an
estimated life of 0 hours! Has this life estimate proven to be
accurate?
Here are the specs I am working with. If another of you can try to
run this and give a recommendation, I would really appreciate it.

RMS Voltage: 22 kV
Amperage: 400 mA max
Capacitance: 50 nF
Break rate: 120 bps
Using Geek Caps 0.15uF/2000VDC/500VAC

I already have 33 of the Geek caps, this redesign is to compensate
for a new, higher-power HV supply (8 kVA). If possible, I would like
to build on this prior investment. Should I just start saving money
for a commercial cap?

Thanks, all, for your help and dedication to the community!
Gregory