Isolate electrode?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jim-at-jlproduction-dot-com>

Hi all
I scored some free inch and 3/4 brass bar stock and am making a new
static air blast gap with it. This question no doubt shows my EE
ignorance but its killing me and I have to ask. Would there be any
benefit to isolating the electrode and its connections from the rest of
the metal bracket that supports it? In other words keep the electrode
from contacting anything else but its input and output connections? Does
that make sense?
I cant imagine it would make a great deal of difference but as I said I
am no EE.

Thanks,
Jim Layton
http://www.jlproduction-dot-com/Tesla.html

BTW I may still put up a message/bulletin board anyway. Never hurts to
try something new even if it is a flop!!