Re: Transtrom's Book

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Steve,

Yes... in his final performance, he was standing atop a large Tesla
Coil. Normally, streamers would harmlessly issue from his raised
fingertips. On this occasion, a power arc (apparently with 60 Hz
follow-through current from his mains supply) arced from his fingertips
to a grounded pipe above, electrocuting him before a horrified audience.
He was an electrical engineer and knew the risks, but he apparently got
too careless.

Safe coilin' to you! :^)

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "S & J Young by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<youngs-at-konnections-dot-net>