RE: circuit board caps

Original poster: "Chris Sartler by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Chris.Sartler-at-adicon-dot-com>

Polytetrafluoroethylene:

Electrical Resistivity, Ohm-cm
 1E+18
 ASTM D257
 1E+18 Ohm-cm
Dielectric Constant
 2.1
 ASTM D150; 60 Hz to 2 GHz
 2.1
Dielectric Constant, Low Frequency
 2.1
 ASTM D 150; 60 Hz to 2 GHz
 2.1
Dielectric Strength, kV/mm
 60
 ASTM D149
 1,524 kV/in
Dissipation Factor
 0.0003
 Lower Limit; ASTM D 150; 60 Hz to 2 GHz
 0.0003
Dissipation Factor, Low Frequency
 0.0003
 Lower Limit; ASTM D 150; 60 Hz to 2 GHz
 0.0003

This assumes pure/virgin substance. Typically CB material will olny have a
resistance of 1E+15 Ohms/cm and as it is poluted the dielectric strength
goes down also.  Also note the Dielectric constant is olny 2.1, so you will
need more plates than with say Vinyl or Polyethelene ---> C= e(A/d)

,
Chris