Re: How do i build one

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <presence-at-churchofinformationwarfare-dot-org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 9:09 PM
Subject: re: How do i build one

<RQBauzon-at-aol-dot-com>

> it's not just a matter of building one.  my parent's have already spent
like
> $200 getting my equipment (i feel kinda sorry), and the TC is still not
> complete!  building one takes time, and sometimes it may not be easy.
it's
> not just a piece of plastic tube.....
>
> did you say science fair?! if you're gonna bring such a monster into a
> science fair, you'll have to invest in a farady cage, to make sure nobody
> gets zapped, and 'cause that thing can set anything on fire (like my
fingers,
> one time) and besides, a lawsuit from a zap victim will cost you more
money.
> Cochran doesn't come for free.

nonsense.  a small coil is fun to play with. I had several generations of
tesla coils as science fair projects. One "Resonance and Coupling Effects in
Tesla Coils" was just about tuning the coil and how the xth tap on the
primary made the biggest sparks. I encouraged people to play with the sparks
(powered down to make no more than 6"). Those of you who live in constant
fear of lawsuits must be really boring.

As for safety in a high school, the 120 volt conductivity tester with a
light bulb and two graphite electrodes you put in a beaker of solution to
test is more dangerous than a tesla coil.

KEN