MMC's and heat.

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Robynsaddiction-at-aol-dot-com>

Hello Fellow Coilers,

        Can anyone tell me weather is normal for a MMC bank to get warm after a
six minute run? The cap bank is rated for 12,500 volts DC at .01 uF, and I am
using it with a 9/30 transformer. Oh well crap! Never mind. My 9000 transformer
is running at 12,726VRMS, and my cap bank should only be good for around
8840VAC. Well, I guess a little warm is not so bad for this bank then. Heck, I
am glad it did not blow. I tested the capacitance before and after a six minute
run, and it went from 10.13nF to 10.10nF, so I guess that is not so bad?
Someone discuss this with me. Thanks Coiling Pals.

                                                Rick Harris