Re: Variable capacitor for tinkering with

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I think it is a neat idea--brilliant in it's
simplicity. BTW, where did this notion come from that
beer bottles get hot and crack in Tesla coil service?
I've been running a bank of them for months at pole
pig power levels (up to 7200VA), and I've never
cracked one. I've never noticed one warm above room
temperature even on extended runs. Obviously, all
glass is not alike (I assume there are many different
recipes for glass), and Miller Geniune Draft bottles
seem indestructable. If your beer bottle caps get hot
or crack, you're using the wrong kind of bottle.

Greg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg

http://dailynews.yahoo-dot-com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/