Re: Caesar.....

Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>

He also pushed another great spark gap aspect; tungsten carbide! My gaps
have to handle more current than they should have to at a close gap setting,
because I run unballasted MOTs with no doublers in several of my coils. I
saw him on here pushing cutting inserts for the longest time, and people
still went out and bought their expensive pure tungsten and fiddled with
that. After I tried tungsten carbide cutting inserts for the first time, I
never went back to anything else. They make a huge difference in my 4" MOT
coil (ask anyone at the Geek Teslathon :-). I've also noticed that most of
the new people on the list don't realize what a great innovator we have
here, and we have no Metlicka gaps, caps, or design "rules" like the Freau
ones (anybody remember marcs 3k turn coil?).

I think its time to give some recognition where recognition is due :-)

Hail Metlicka!

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."
 -Albert Einstein

<< Jason R. Johnson >>
G-3 #1129
The Geek Group