Re: "Radio" Frequency

In a message dated 9/7/01 12:50:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> 1. Just what exactly is Radio Frequency, given that radios seem to work on
>  just about every frequency imagineable.

Duck,

Radio frequencies are a range of frequencies within the
electromagnetic spectrum and which include the ELF, VLF,
HF, VHF, UHF, and higher frequencies including microwaves.
Generally frequencies from 9kHz to 3000GHz are considered
radio frequencies.  Tesla coil work generally uses just a
small portion of the RF range.  As we go higher in frequency
within the electromagnetic spectrum, we enter the infrared,
visible light, x-ray, gamma ray, etc, ranges.

John Freau