Re: Making a Toroid

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Ralph,

I coiled a short length of sheet metal (I used galvanized sheet steel, but
aluminum flashing should also work) to form a cylinder about 2" in height
and a little less than 8" in diameter for my 32 x 8" toroid. By carefully
slipping this inside one open end of the flex duct and letting the cylinder
spring outwards a bit, you'll get a snug fit inside the ducting. Use a bit
of aluminum tape to secure the cylinder inside the flex duct to a depth of
about 1" and then slide the other end of the flex duct over the other end
of the sheet metal cylinder. A final layer of aluminum tape then covers the
seam, making a solid, smooth joint.

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman