Pole Pig problem

Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello,

Its been a while since I've posted anything, mostly because I've been busy
with school, and my big coil. I have come to realize a problem that I have
in my current situation, mostly that my big coil will consume 16+ KVA for
fairly long periods of time, and that the transformer sitting on the pole
outside my house is only 5KVA. Will I have to pay to have the power company
replace it if I blow it up? Will they replace it if I tell them I am going
to be using 240 volts at 70 amps in the garage? I know that they don't put
in ones rated as high as your actual breakers, because we have a 240volt 100
amp main service in our house, which has been there since before they had to
replace the transformer because of a lightning strike.

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."
 -Albert Einstein

<< Jason R. Johnson >>
G-3 #1129
The Geek Group