Re: Sources for Free Magnet Wire?

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 10/29/01 3:56 PM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> Original poster: "Patrick Bloofon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <transactoid-at-home-dot-com>
>
> I won't be able to get a nice spool of magnet wire for a while, until I have
> the oppurtunity to go into the city (Toronto, btw). I was wondering what
> devices may contain enough wire to at least make a small TC? I was thinking
> an old tv yoke...how much wire would I find on one of these?
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick.

That's no yoke.  The wire on TV yokes is glued together tight and dosent
come apart. Old washer solonoids contain enough wire to do a secondary coil
and the wire is easly unroled once you remove the metal straps. auto starter
solonoids have good wire,but less of it.
   Robert H