Re: What do the electrodes spark to in the saftey gap?

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

> Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:
>

> > Ho Jon,
> >
> > They spark to ground. However, I don't recall ever
>
> > seeing just one safety gap fire. It appears that
> both
> > gaps always fire at the same time. So are they
> really
> > sparking to ground, or are they sparking to each
> other
> > through ground? Hmmm...
> >
> > Greg
>

> Hi Greg, Jon,
>         They really do spark to ground. If you can
> visually distinguish the
> difference between two simultaneous sparks and two
> separated by 1/f where f is
> the frequency of the coil, then you were born on the
> planet Krypton and your
> real name is Kal-El. ;-)).

Hi nameless person,

I don't possess any special visual acuity. That's why
I qualified my original statement with the word
"appears". As an ordinary human, I'd need to use a
storage scope see if they are truly firing
simultaneously.

Greg