RE: Mutual inductance and K factor

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-telocity-dot-com>

Bart -

Thank you for bringing your list of coil parameter comparisons to my
attention. This list must have been a lot of work. I did some research on
this list when you first showed it but my notes are buried in boxes and not
readily available.

A quick comparison of tests of your coil and the JHCTES Ver 3.3 gave the
following results.

K Factor
Inches       Bart      JHCTES   Difference
0            .173      .165       4.6%
1            .157      .146       7.0%
3            .126      .119       5.5%

Mutual Inductance (uh)
Inches       Bart      JHCTES    Difference
0            522       494         2.0%
1            473       438         7.4%
3            378       356         5.8%

Comparisons with Weazle's tests and the JHCTES appeared to have a better
agreement. This was a Mutual Inductance test. What did you use for the K
Factor tests?

John Couture