Re: Car Coil

Original poster: "Steve Greenfield by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alienrelics-at-yahoo-dot-com>

The problem with this is that part of Tesla's
contribution was design of the brushes in DC motors to
reduce arcing and losses. That means that the power
drawn by a DC motor is probably a bit to "constant" to
provide much of an interrupted DC current.

DC motors are multiple pole and are make-before-break
so I just can't see this working very well.

I don't think I'd want to run a Tesla coil near my
vehicle. Just seems like tempting fate more than
usual.

Just my 2 cents,
Steve Greenfield