electorlytic caps

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Xyme3-at-aol-dot-com>

i have often heard of the dangers of useing electrolytic caps with a TC.
I know the potential dangers of H2 gas. If electrolytic caps were in an area
not anywhere near the TC, would there still be a problem with their use?
I also am aware that electrolytic caps cannot tolerate reverse flow of
electricty. If the caps discharge across a spark gap, then would this not
protect the caps from reverse flow of electricity?
Paul