RFI filters, grounding and Power cabinets

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Howdy All,

First I gotta say I'd be lost at sea without this list..... Thanks to all for
all the help.

I am building my power cabinet. The variacs and switches and so on are in the
case, and the NST is going to be under the coil, not in the cabinet. I am going
to have a filter on both the NST and the SG vac motor, and these I plan to wire
up backwards, connected to the RF ground. I also plan to have a final filter
where the power enters the PSU. Shold this filter be wired backwards, and
should I run an RF ground to the PSU and connect the filter to that? Or should
I connect it to the mains ground? Should I hook it up correctly to the mains
ground?

As always, Thanks!

Jonathan Peakall