HV cap flashover, :-0

Original poster: "Shaun Epp by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <scepp-at-mts-dot-net>

Help,

my 0.02uF, 30Kv  parallel mmc capacitor is flashing over on my 12Kv NST
tesla coil.  It's located under the primary coil, if that matters?,  and
it's made up of 2 rows of 7 capacitors all in parallel, 0.0015uf per cap.  I
tried to make smooth solder connections using extra solder.  This was going
to be my first light, sigh.

I powered it up with a variac,and at 55 - 60 vac input, my 2 gap spark gap
started to fire, then the capacitor flashed across a solder joint and
opposite conductor.  I fixed the cct board and insulated with glpt all and
tried again, ---- it flashed across at several other points.  The flash over
distance was 7/8 inch, holy smokes, and these occured at several spots in my
mmc.

Can any one explain, am I getting resonance voltage rise?  I did pre tune
with a signal generator, Im also running LTR.  Anyone have a quick easy
solution to fix this problem?
Thanks in advance for any comments, and this group has been really helpfull
in the past,  Thanks you all!!

Shaun Epp