Re: Leaking Caps

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <presence-at-churchofinformationwarfare-dot-org>

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><PeterCGMN-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>I have a fairly expensive, oil-filled, HV cap that is leaking severely. I
>cant get solder to adhere to the metal when the extremely slippery oil
covers
>it. I cant get all the oil off so the solder will adhere. My funds are too
>limited to buy a new one.
 >           Any suggestions?

Use a high wattage soldering iron as they do in sheet metal work. This would
be 200 or even 300 watts. This is how the final seal on some solder sealed
caps is done, and while the entire cap is still under oil in the
impregnating tanks.

KEN