Re: Urgent point of inquiry re: wiring conventions.

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi (other) Matt, All

Standards exist so that different people can work on any equipment and
know what's going on - I doubt that this need apply to most coils which
tend to be "one person" (or at least not many people) projects.

However, I agree with Troy's sentiments: a consistent wiring scheme *is*
a good idea - so that *you* know what is what at a glance, especially if
you come back to a piece of equipment after a break.  Also, if other
people are going to be working with you (or on their own) on your kit,
don't just tell them the scheme - document it!

Good documentation is also handy should you feel inclined to pass your
wisdom on to others ;-)

And for those who have bought a job lot of cable all of one colour -
number the ends!  There are all sorts of easy-to-use cable marking
systems on the market that you could use.

Cheers

Matthew Smith

Tesla list wrote:

<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

> Hi All,
>         I a not sure if this has been addressed before, but I have not
seen it
> as far as I can remember.
>         Do Tesla coils follow House wiring color code (White=neutral,
> Black/red=hot, green = ground) or do they follow the     Auto/Radio/Stereo/TV
> color code (Black=ground, red/white=hot, green= not as hot )?  Are there any
> hard and fast rules? Do they vary with country? Does a portable(moveable)
coil