Re: Shorted turn?

Hi Steve,

The top terminal is too far away from the high current areas of the
secondary to make much difference.  The single turn does not have great
coupling either.  Also, the terminal is not that great of RF conductor for
loop currents.  One simple check is that they don't get hot even on 20kW+
coils ;-)

If you really want to know a bunch on this, see:

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/
http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/pn2511.pdf.zip
http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/pn1710/

Cheers,