Re: solid state magnifier...accidentally...cool!

Original poster: "spoonMAN by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

<snip>

> Of course, I'll be using a 555 driven 2N3055....
> However, I'm hoping to aquire some higher power mosfets
> soon, the 2N3055s
> don't like anything over 20 volts. They are just little
> heaters :-))

Has anyone considered using a high powered OP-AMP such as
the LM12? It's capable of delievering 10A at 15V output
swing (on 30V supply).. max power rating of about 80W and
the data sheet gives schematics for cascading them for
higher output.. I don't remember if the slew rate is high
enough for TC frequencies though..

Ben McMillen