RE: Safety

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi

I understand Neilster's concern, but I think his concern is intensified by
his job situation. An accident at a substation could involve a 20,000,000
watt power arc. When I was a thick grade school kid, I threw a bailing wire
into a substation. The resulting arc was huge and roared like a jet engine.
I did not get caught, but I never did that again. In fact I think my
interest in high voltage goes back to that incident where my young mind
might have picked up a fixation on power arcs. In our situation, a short on
the high side of our domesticated house pig is tempered by the 15 KVA pig
hanging outside the house.

Godfrey Loudner