Re: bigger light

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Pyrotrons-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi all........

> managed to increase the input of our coil today from one 15/30 to 2
> 15/30's for 15/60. this made better sparks.  its really neat being able
> to control the power up with the new variable transformer.  the variac
> is rated 0-140 at 6amp. its not current limiting to 6amp, right? just
> rated for that much current.  my brother thinks the other way and i just
> havent found definitive proof on internet yet.
>

> next is to plug in our brute-force transformers, first we got to get an
> mmc array for torying with.
>
> is there anywhere to upload pictures of our coil to share our stuff?
>

> peace,
> Ry

Glad to hear you're running more power ; ) That's always fun.

The variac is RATED 6 amps. You can pull more than this, but too much more,
and it will overheat. Current limiting is an entirely different thing,
although variacs CAN be used for it. In your case, it is simply transforming
(properties of a transformer) the line voltage from 0V to 120V (or 140,
depends on how its wired).

Free webspace is available at www.angelfire-dot-com. They are great......I've
used them for years. They upped it to 50MB, that is a lot for free. go to
their website and click on "sign up" at the top.......you'll have to put out
some effort and figure out how things are done, but it's worth it. You DO
have to put up with their ads though. But at least you're not paying anything
for it ; )

Later,

Justin Hays
KC5PNP