Re: Shocking Event

Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

Garry,

> I cringe a little when I see someone anyone say or imply 'Leave the public
> displays to the professionals like us', not because I think they are
wrong.
> I think they are right. It is always best that all those publicly
operating
> a Tesla coil be experienced.

Thanks!

> What makes me cringe, is that I realize, they got their experience
> somewhere.

Driveway of my parent's house, college dorm, various apartments
and finally my own garage. Also, Jim Roddy, Harry Goldman, Bill
Wysock, Richard Hull and Robert Stephens helped allot!

> Nobody is born with the knowledge and I note that a lot of bad
> accidents happen to those who have reached such confidence that they view
> themselves as the only qualified person(s) to run one publicly. I've seen
it
> happen many times.

Yep. kVA Effects does not want to be alone. We welcome
QUALIFIED entrants to the HV F/X field. Someone besides
kVA Effects needs to get an insurance policy for f/x work.
Like kids (parents will understand), an insurance policy changes
everything. The personal and monetary sacrifices I've had
to make to keep the policy afloat during down times have been
staggering. The "industry" needs more players to be called
an "industry".

> I worry. What happens when the current professionals
> retire? Will there then be nobody qualified to replace them?

kVA Effects has several apprentices and members-in-the-wings
that will carry on... Others will join in as TC's get more popular.
Safety will rule the day...

> Some observations I want to make ... (snipped for space)

Wow... great wisdom... all true! Advice: Print and pin on workshop
wall.

Jeff Parisse
310-328-4024