circuit board caps (again)

Original poster: "Johnson, Jeffrey D -at- PWC by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jeffrey.d.johnson-at-l-3com-dot-com>

List members,
Thank you for your responses to my earlier questions about ckt board
materials.  What I have is 2 big sheets of Rogers 3003 (PTFE composite).  I
finally got ahold of somebody at Rogers Corp who told me that they actually
tested this material for dielectric breakdown and it was 516 V/mil.  With my
30 mil sheets, that would only be good for 15.5kV unless I put them in
series.  BTW each sheet measured 10.7nF compared to calculated 9.76 to 9.9
nF (61x46cm area, er=3.0 +/- .04).  With my 15/60 NST, I would definitely
need to series them and that means only 10.7nF total capacitance.  My design
calls for 17.6 nF which is larger than resonant.  I could get to the
resonant value of 10.6nF if I went to 13 turns instead of 10.5 turns on my
primary.  Secondary is 860 turns of #21, 23.5" long.  So all that leads me
to some questions (finally): Could I use both a bottle SW cap and my pcb cap
together?  Also, do I need to put the ckt board cap in oil and suck out the
air like a stacked poly cap?  I'm doing the Geek thing as soon as I can but
I'm anxious to fire this baby up!
Thanks for indulging this long post... ;)

Jeff Johnson - SLC