Re: sound question

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

<RQBauzon-at-aol-dot-com>

> Just yesterday, some guys at a neon sign shop allowed me to take a look
> at their NST's.  There were lots of them piled up the floor.  I took one, it
> was a 15/30.  It was my first "real" NST.  I connected it to my spark gap and
> cap, and when i turned it on, it sounded like heck on earth.  It was
> terrifying!  Is this normal?
>

>                                                             thanx guys,
>                                                             Me

Hi Me...

by the way  Is Me your real name?????

hooking a hi volt trannie up to a cap and gap is a good way to kill the
trannie....   and a better way to kill the cap...

and yes it is a terrifying noise ...    its also even more terrifying to
watch your
cap/trannie die :)

Scot D