Re: Attaching Toroid to Secondary

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

hey all,

I might as well throw in a $.02 worth on securing the
toroid to the secondary. My current solution is cut-
ting out two disc from a poly cutting board that are
the same inside diameter as the secondary form tube
(12" in my case). I then drill a hole through the center
of the two disc that will accomodate the passage of
a 1 1/2" dia. electrical PVC conduit that is about 6
to 8" longer than the the secondary coil form and
secure the disc to the PVC evenly spaced along it
with silicone as a glue. Once the silcone has cured,
I slide the PVC, with the secured disc in place into
the secondary form. The disc make it fit snugly in-
side the secondary and keep it centered inside.

I then cut a slot on each side of the PVC pipe
on its top end about 2" from its top, being
sure not to cut each slot all the way through. I
cut each slot hole wide enough to slide a 1" X
1/4" thick X 2 1/2" long flat bar of aluminum. A
1/2" diameter hole is drilled throught the alumi-
num flat bar to accomodate a 1/2" X 4" long bolt.
The flat bar is installed through the notches of the
PVC pipe and the bolt is slid through the PVC
pipe from the opposite end and fished into the
hole of the aluminum flat bar. This leaves the
threaded end of the bolt sticking out about
1 1/2 " or so above the top end of the PVC con-
duit. Then the center hole of the toroid (it has
to 1/2" in diameter of course) is placed over the
threaded end of the bolt that is protruding from
the end of the pipe. Then a 1/2" lock washer and
a 1/2" nut are screwed down on top of the toroid
to secure it. This setup can easily accomodate
the weight ot the new 9" X 30" aluminum spun toroid
from the recent bulk buy ( ~ 30 lbs, I believe)

I hope I explained this to where it's understandable
to anyone wanting to try this method as I don't cur-
rently have any pics to show it ;-(

Sparkin' in Memphis,
David Rieben