An Idea for a DC coil...

Original poster: "Matt Shayka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <lightningcreator-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi all,

Its been a while since I last posted, but I'm wondering about a possibility
for a DC coil. Here goes:

What if(uh oh)a DC coil was rigged as a type of flyback? It would have a
triggered gap, with a tap on the secondary or a small "extra" coil placed
near the primary to pick up a pulse and trigger the gap to keep the cycle
going. I have a feeling it will need something to initiate the first firing
of the gap. What do you think?

I just finished my 12kV 200mA full wave bridge, and I plan on using it on my
3" coil. It is currently running as an AC coil. But when I do convert I
would like to experiment with this configuration. Has anybody tried this
before?

Thanks a lot,

Matt Shayka