Re: My Primary Coil disaster

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Bob Bozarth by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jbdetails-at-prodigy-dot-net>

>     Due to similar problems I'm sure happen to many "coilers", does anybody
> out there know how to anneal copper? I've seen aluminum annealed using
> acetylene, but not sure of the process. I noticed in an earlier post to this
> thread Ed Phillips said something about annealing copper with a torch.
> Personally, I would be really interested to hear some details on the
> subject. Any help there Ed?

I have done this while making copper balls by metal spinning, by heating
the copper in an alcohol flame until it starts to change color and
then quickly cooling it in water. The same technique works for brass.
For aluminum, it is better to let it cool slowly, after heated enough
to burn paper.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz