Re: My Primary Coil disaster

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Sorry to hear about your delema.
>
> I never use a feed-through method when winding the primary for exactly the
> mess your describing. My
> first primary was tried this way and a similar mess occurred.

[snip]

The "feed-through" method works great if:
1) The support forms are not attached to anything.  This way, you can
slide one form at a time.  You're not so much sliding the tube through
the forms, but sliding the forms around the coiled tubing, one at a
time.
2) The support forms are polyethylene.  Very low friction.
3) You use a little DW-40 or other lubricant (can be washed off
afterwards).
4) The holes are just slightly bigger than the tubing.  For 1/4" tubing,
I used a 17/64" drill bit.

I love the results from this method.  The coil is very solid, and I like
the simplicity of less parts in the final product (no screws or ties).

	- Bill Vanyo