Re: Atlantic Leap

Original poster: "Steve Greenfield by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alienrelics-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <PeterCGMN-at-aol-dot-com>

> << > Perhaps a few banner waving Nikola Tesla
> protesters would be in order
> ;-)>>
>
> Where do I sign up? Just the other day in my history
> class the teacher said
> something praising Marconi for inventing the radio
> (He had no idea what
> trouble he was getting into ;0) I took up the rest
> of the hour exchanging
> useless dates and quotes with him, in the end I did
> subside due to the threat
> of a detention................But you all know what
> I'm putting on the test

Well, Ion Boy, I know what you mean. It has been a
while since I've been in school but I remember arguing
with teachers occasionally. I learned later to be a
bit more, um, careful about it.

I'd suggest finding documentation of the actual
patents to show that Nikola Tesla does, indeed, have
the patent and should have the credit.

This Atlantic Leap thing is supposed to commemorate
the first transAtlantic radio communication, and I
didn't see anything on their site about Marconi being
the inventor of radio. On the other hand, I'm certain
that is the presumption and I'm also certain someone
will say that in a speech at the event.

Well, we're getting way off topic for the Tesla Coil
list.

How about a transAtlantic Tesla Coil Event? Tesla UK
can fire up a big coil at a predetermined frequency
and the rest of us can have coils built and tuned to
the same frequency, and we'll see what we pick up. I
wouldn't expect any sparks... maybe ne-2 bulbs.

Although I prefer the RC boat thing, with a small
spark gap oscillator transmitter.

I keep trying to search the US Patent website
http://www.uspto.gov/ but I can't get it to find a
match for anything containing "Nikola Tesla" using
"1790 to 1976", possibly because nothing before 1976
is saved as searchable text.

Whoops, here we go, Tesla and Resonance. Wow. 1608
patents referencing those words. I think most of them
probably just as a unit of magnetic strength.

Anyone got any ideas for good keywords, or perhaps the
patent numbers?

=====
Steve Greenfield               // Digital photo scanning, retouching,
Polymorph Digital Photography // and photomorphing to your specs.
253/879-0426 voice           // We use the best little computer in
polymorph-at-polyphoto-dot-com     // the world, the Amiga!
http://www.polyphoto-dot-com/  // Based in Tacoma, WA, USA