RE: SSTC probs

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

Regarding your 'fridge being zapped but not the TV or stereo, I would
suggest that this is because the 'fridge has a 3rd wire ground
connection while the TV and stereo do not.  I believe that damaging
transients occur between the ground and hot/neutral conductors, not
between the hot and neutral conductors.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA