Re: [Fwd: 8" coil powered by NST's ?]

In a message dated 11/23/01 1:54:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Original poster: "Jim Mora by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jmora-at-
> jetlink-dot-net>

Jim,

Some have suggested they obtained first notch quenching
using a triggered gap (just one energy transfer).  As always,
this will be determined by the spark loading and the coupling.

Heavy spark loading will give faster quenching, and looser
coupling will make first notch quenching easier.  You may
obtain longest sparks when using a coupling that is tight
enough that it does not give first notch quenching.

Probably about 16 to 20% energy is transfered back to the
primary if first notch quenching does not occur.  Some of this
energy will be recovered on the next transfer back to the
secondary.

Cheers,
John