RE: Oil for SW caps

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

Any fluids in a salt water cap will ultimately be thrown out when you
decide to upgrade to a MMC.  While I don't advocate dumping any kind of
oil down the drain, USP mineral oil is sold as a laxative and thus "born
to be flushed".  Motor oil has additives and is not eco-friendly as
something to dump down the drain.  Please think of this when deciding
what to put in your caps.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I've used USP mineral oil from the drug store and also
non detergent motor oil. They both work fine and have
held up for many months of maintenance free service.

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg