Re: vacuum pump

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 11/18/01 6:57 PM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>
>
> Hi Kristian
>
> The pump looks very much like the 220V/50Hz model. I was told that the pump
> I got was stored for about 15 years, but that it was new. It has big
> adjusting screws to each side. Well it looks like I have a pressure pump and
> vacuum pump in one. Thanks for the site!
>
> Godfrey Loudner

The pump shown is a filter pump that dosent pull down all the way. When you
said there was ajusting knobs I think you have a real vacuum pump used for
vapor deposition and other real jobs. These pumps are expensive new. They
have seperate motors amd pump. Use only pure parifin oil or vacuum oil in it
and it will serve you for many years. If you have what I suspect the new
cost is over $1ooo us new.
    Robert  H